Subtitle Composer 0.8.0 released
November 06, 2023
I’m happy to announce the 0.8.0 release of Subtitle Composer.
This release contains lots of bugfixes and new features including:
- Automatic translations using DeepL or Google Cloud
- WebVTT format support
- Subtitle positioning UI and support
- Subtitle class/comments/voice UI and support
- Improved rich text editing/preview
- Rich text rendering on waveform/video/editors
- Qt6 support
- FFmpeg 5 support
- Subtitle lines are always time sorted; remove sort lines menu action
- Replaced Kross with QJSEngine, removed ruby and python support
- Improved script manager and tools menu
As usual all binaries are available from download page.
Source tarball can be downloaded from download.kde.org.